Physicians Regional Healthcare System is looking for volunteers that are:
- Friendly, open and reliable.
- Compassionate and sensitive to persons and families facing a life threatening illness.Able to understand and adapt to different cultural, racial, sexual, spiritual and intellectual needs of a client and family members.
- Willing to commit 4 hours per week for at least a 6 month time period following the Volunteer Training Course.
- Must be at least 16 years old.
By becoming a volunteer at Physicians Regional Healthcare System, you can enrich your life by making a difference in your community. The volunteers at our healthcare system graciously donate their time and energy into assisting our patients and staff. Depending on your interests and the needs of the facility, you may volunteer in areas that provide you with patient contact like the Emergency Room and the Surgery Center. We also provide volunteer opportunities in areas that do not require patient contact such as the Business Offices, Human Resources and the Marketing Department.
Being a volunteer at Physicians Regional can provide you with a deep sense of satisfaction and fulfillment. You will have the opportunity to volunteer at either one of our facilities – Physicians Regional Pine Ridge or Physicians Regional Collier Boulevard.
There are many advantages to becoming a Volunteer at Physicians Regional. Whether you are interested in giving back to the community, or would like to pursue a career in the medical field, you will have the opportunity to experience the health care field in a special way. Here is a list of some of the benefits we provide:
- Free Breakfast or Lunch daily (up to $6 value).
- Flu Shots.
- Tuberculosis Screenings.
- Recognition Luncheon.
- Certificates for Hours Served.
- Participation in Discount Programs offered by Physicians Regional.
- Cart is brought to patients rooms on hospital floors.
- An individual will ask patients if they would like to “check out” a books or movie.
- Limit two books and two movies at a time please.
- While visiting pick up any books patient is finished reading.
- Work with business office staff assisting with incoming mail.
- Organizing of electronic files and data entry on computer.
- Filing and sorting of paperwork.
Clinic Desk Facilitator
- Friendly individual to greet patients checking into desk.
- Ask patient to sign in and present ID and insurance information.
- Clip ID and insurance information to paperwork provided.
- Give paperwork with information to desk coordinator.
- Provide a smooth transition for patient to desk employee.
- Cross patient’s name off list.
- This position works with the nurses and staff in the Emergency Room.
- Triage greeter, visiting patients, assisting nurses, escort discharge patients, offer books and newspapers.
- Wheelchair transport to other departments.
- Assembly of admission packets.
- Escorting family to patient rooms or waiting rooms.
- Replenish supplies.
- Prepare beds for new patients.
- Ensure wheelchairs are in triage at all times.
- Flexible schedule.
- Monday-Friday AM or PM.
- Responsible for filing paperwork.
- Assisting with clerical duties as needed.
Laboratory & Radiology Front Desk Check-In
- Our Laboratory and Radiology Departments need assistance in the reception area greeting patients.
- Assist patients with preparing paperwork.
- Assist the office coordinators with filing and other office duties.
- Stuff and seal envelopes.
- Place marketing information in presentation folders for general information, special events or meetings.
- Replenish marketing information on display in the clinic and hospital.
- Listen to voice mail RSVPs for events, record information and return phone calls requesting information about events.
- Place phone calls to request information for marketing lists.
- Wrap or place gifts in marketing bags.
- Assist with filing for specific programs.
- Enter data in computer for mailing lists or envelope labels.
- If interested, volunteering at marketing events is possible.
- All of the tasks are accomplished under the supervision of a marketing department employee. Individual should be willing to oversee small projects with accuracy and help with a variety of tasks.
- Assist in delivering received goods throughout the facility.
- Pulling a cart of supplies to the designated department and having the person accepting the goods sign off on the receipt paperwork.
- This position will involve some lifting.
- The Medical Records Department supports the hospital and the clinic.
- Delivery of charts to areas of the hospital and clinic.
- Assembly of charts for new patients and paperwork to be filed numerically and alphabetically.
- The primary duties will be to assist technicians in room placement for patients and escorting them for discharge.
- Provide assistance with the film library and miscellaneous paperwork.
- Many of our mammography patients also require additional paperwork.
- Duties will require wheelchair training and transportation.
- Greeting and assisting patients for surgery.
- Supporting the nurses and office staff with duties which are extremely important to making the patient comfortable for their stay.
- Wheelchair training will be required.
- Assisting staff in preparation of beds for new patients.
- Office work and chart assembly will also be part of the job.
Volunteer Ambassador's are very special to Physicians Regional Healthcare System. We are recruiting individuals to join our Volunteer Ambassador Program—volunteers who have the time to spend with our patients and their families. As an Ambassador you will provide comfort, emotional support and a friendly smile when it really counts. Do something that makes you feel positively proud.