Expert neurosurgical care
At Physicians Regional Healthcare System’s Cranial Surgery Center, highly trained neurosurgeons work with a multidisciplinary team of specialists in radiology, pain management, head and neck surgery, and other specialties to provide the best approach for each patient. Specialized neurosurgery nurses and other clinicians are well equipped to manage the special requirements of neurosurgery patients. We deliver expert care for:
- Brain tumors and injuries
- Nervous system disorders
- Hydrocephalus pediatric conditions
- Peripheral nerve conditions such as carpal tunnel, diabetic and ulnar neuropathy, and disorders of the brachial plexus
- Trigeminal neuralgia
- Vascular disorders
We provide a full range of aftercare and rehabilitation services to assist patients through recovery.
Expertise and advanced cranial surgery technology
The Cranial Surgery Center’s board-certified neurosurgeons have access to advanced imaging technology for care planning, and utilize state-of-the-art surgical technology to provide exceptional care, including:
- Non-invasive techniques – Stereotactic radiosurgery uses focused beams of radiation, rather than traditional surgical instruments, to treat brain tumors without a surgical incision. It is called “surgery” because offers a similar result as actual surgery.
- Minimally invasive options – Interventional radiology techniques — which use catheters with instruments or medications — such as angioplasty, stenting and embolization can be used to treat tumors, stroke and other cerebrovascular conditions. These options provide less pain and scarring, and a quicker recovery than traditional techniques.
- Intraoperative monitoring – Highly sophisticated monitoring equipment allows surgeons to identify changes in brain, spinal cord and peripheral nerve function before irreversible damage occurs.
The Cranial Surgery Center combines medical expertise, advanced technology and state-of-the-art facilities to provide high-quality care.